Yesterday I started a 21 day challenge through Frederick Patenaude. He is offering it free this time, to refine it, and he says next time there will be a charge. Well free is just the right cost for me, so I am giving it a try. The idea behind this is to make 3 doable changes in your life, carry them out everyday for 21 days and thereby make them a habit. He provides a workbook that you write in everyday and daily emails and so far it is great.
At first my 3 positive habits were:
- drink 1 veggie juice and/or 1 smoothie everyday
- jump 10 minutes on the mini-tramp or walk 20 minutes everyday
- head to bed at 11:00 pm every night
Then he asked us to refine them and provide more of the how, where, and when so I changed them to:
- I will drink one water bottle full of veggie juice for lunch and/or 1 green smoothie at supper everyday. When I run out of veggie juice, I will make some the night before. I will make sure I buy enough veggies for juice and smoothies on my grocery shopping trips.
- I will jump on my mini-tramp first thing (before I get distracted by chores) when I get home from work on work days or 5:00 pm on weekends, or walk 20 minutes outside at the same time of day. I will start and leave work 10 minutes earlier so this doesn't push my kids' & pets' evening meals to later.
- I will stop watching TV in the family room at 11:00 pm every night and head towards bed. If I am in the middle of a show, I will just save it to the DVR. I will complete all of my evening chores before I sit down to watch that last show, except perhaps transferring a load of wash to the dryer.
Is that specific enough or what? It is good to write this stuff down. In my workbook I also wrote down that I won't eat the free nuts in the breakroom at work, no raw bars, and only eat bananas in smoothies. I am ready to progress to the next level of eating/healing and I feel these things were good transition foods for me and it is time to let go - at least for 3 weeks and see how it goes.
- 7:30 am - 153 - a little high, but not high enough to take any insulin. My endocrinologist says not to take any unless I am over 200, if I am not eating. Last night I went to bed with 156, so at least it stayed pretty stable.
- 11:00 am - 128 - veggie juice - 2 units
- 12:00 pm - acupuncture & chiropractic appointment
- 2:45 pm - 49 - about 8 oz of grape tomatoes because I was crashing.
- 4:20 pm - 112