I took an extended holiday break from blogging, but I'm back now and plan to get into the routine again.
I did finish up that Rawvolution box and decided gourmet raw food for several days in a row is definitely not for me. My breath smelled, my stomach gurgled, I gained a couple of pounds, and when I went for a colonic (which I will post about soon) they mostly helped me to release lots of gas. If I lived near the restaurant, I would definitely visit it on occasion for a yummy gourmet raw meal but I will not be ordering another box. I think the box might be great if there were multiple people who were going to eat it up and that way it would be a one or two day treat. But, like I said, I may be weird and others may love to eat this type of raw food day in and day out and do very well with it.
I prefer ordering and having on hand some raw flax crackers, raw nut butters, and raw chocolate instead for an occasional treat. I can have a tiny raw flax cracker with just a dab of raw pecan butter and it will satisfy me and then I may not eat those again for another week. They last a long time, so no rush in eating them.
I did cheat over the holidays and drank some private label cranberry wine that we won at a party. My husband doesn't drink, so it was up to me. ;-) It was very good and I just drank a little each day.
For Christmas dinner I ate raw veggies and some raw yellow squash spaghetti and raw tomato sauce. For New Years eve dinner I ate raw veggies and onion bread (that I ordered and will post about later) with avocado, tomato, red bell pepper, and lettuce on it. Very yummy! One of these days I may get a dehydrator and make flax crackers and onion bread for myself.
My New Year's resolution is to start juicing again. Tuesday night I made some juice out of swiss chard, dandelion greens, carrots, celery, and rome apples with my Champion juicer. It made a three day supply, if I drink 20 ounces (a water bottle full) per day.
- 8:00 am - 263 - not sure why I am high this morning. I did fall down yesterday and injured myself (will post about this later), so maybe my body is out of whack from that - 2 units
- 8:30 am - handful of nuts
- 10:30 am - 177 - didn't take insulin with the nuts - 1 1/2 bananas - 4 units (1 for being high)
- 2:00 pm - 106 - handful of nuts
- 4:00 pm - 98 - veggie juice - 2 units
- 7:00 pm - 178 - a large salad of red leaf lettuce, red bell pepper, mushrooms, & tomatoes with a dressing made of 1/2 an avocado and juice from half a lemon and then some raw chocolate for dessert - 3 units
- 10:45 pm - 45 - started feeling low and getting sweaty, I guess that was too much insulin - 1 raw bar - 10 units lantus
- 11:10 pm - 43 - still crashing - 1 raw bar